Wheat From Farm to Fork
Of the major crops grown annually in Camden County, wheat is the only crop we plant in one calendar year and harvest the next. For more wheat “fun facts” check out our Wheat Farm to Fork video that Camden County staff created. The video showcases how it is grown, processed, and utilized, as well as local statistics and a whole wheat bread recipe.
No-Knead 100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 tsp of instant yeast
- ¼ cup of dry milk
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- Heavily grease an 8 ½ “x4 ½ “loaf pan. This loaf tends to stick so be sure to grease well.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Beat vigorously for about 3 minutes using a mixer. This will make a very sticky dough. Scoop dough into the prepared pan. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise for 60-90 minutes (double in size).
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Bake 40-45 minutes. At the 20 minute mark make a tent with foil and gently place on top of the bread. The temperature of the bread should read 190℉ before removing from the oven.