Staying Active in the Winter
- Jump rope, jog in place or run your steps (start with 1 minute and progress to 2)
- 10 pushups (You can modify with knees down if you are having trouble holding a straight body pushup position)
- 20 crunches (with feet flat and knees up, legs bent in the air at 90 degrees or straight up, or your favorite variation)
- 20 hip lifts (flat on your back, arms down on the ground at your sides with fingertips pointing toward feet, feet flat with knees bent at 90 degrees; press feet and shoulders into the floor as you lift your hips as high as you can; lift and lower)
- 30-second plank hold (holding a pushup position; body as a straight line, or with knees down)
- 10 triceps dips on a chair/couch (Sit on a chair with feet flat and knees bent at 90 degrees; hands at sides, palms pressed into the chair with fingertips facing forward; take one large step with right foot, and join left foot beside it; bend your arms to 90 degrees as you lower and lift; keeps abs tight)
Use these tips to help make your holiday a healthy one! Combat the 3 to 5 pounds most people gain during the holiday season by being active no matter where you are or what the weather.
For more information on physical activity contact Olivia Jones via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 252-232-2261.